Lewisville Texas is home to several ethnic festivals, arts and crafts fairs, exciting theatre, sporting events and much more.
View our month at a glance calendar to see an entire month of activities.
Looking for live music? Check out lewisvilletxlive.com.
Reschedule: Sandra Brown - Lewisville Talks
- Date: October 15, 2020 7:00 p.m.
- Location: MCL Grand
100 N. Charles
Lewisville, Texas 75057
- Introduction: New York Times Bestselling Author
New York Times Bestselling Author
Reschedule date: Thursday, Oct. 15*
Sandra Brown is the author of 71 New York Times bestsellers, including Outfox, Tailspin, Seeing Red, Sting, Mean Streak, Friction, Deadline, and Rainwater.
Writing professionally since 1981, Brown has published over 80 novels and has upwards of 80 million copies of her books in print worldwide. Her work has been translated into 34 languages.
Her episode on truTV’s “Murder by the Book” premiered the series in 2008. She appeared in 2010 on Investigation Discovery’s series, “Hardcover Mysteries.” Television movies have been made of her novels French Silk, Smoke Screen, Ricochet, and White Hot.
Brown holds an honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters from Texas Christian University, where she and her husband Michael Brown, have instituted the ELF, a scholarship awarded annually. She has served as president of Mystery Writers of America, and in 2008 she was named ThrillerMaster, the top award given by the International Thriller Writer’s Association. Other honors include the Texas Medal of Arts Award for Literature and the Romance Writers of America’s Lifetime Achievement Award. She has gone on two USO tours, to Afghanistan in 2011, and to Guantanamo, Cuba in 2017.
- Reserved Seating: $15 Adults, $5 Students (available for will-call pick-up only, IDs will be checked at the event)
- $10 Lewisville resident tickets can be purchased in person at MCL Grand during normal business hours. Must show valid driver’s license or utility bill to validate residency.
- Sales tax included in ticket price.
Located in the heart of historic downtown Lewisville, MCL Grand is the premier public arts facility in Southern Denton County. The 40,000-square-foot facility features a 296-seat proscenium theater, black box theater, dance recital hall, art gallery, five art classrooms and a large courtyard. Medical City Lewisville has a multi-year agreement with the city for naming rights at the center.
To reach MCL Grand from Interstate 35E, take exit 452 and proceed east on Main Street to Charles Street. MCL Grand will be on the left. Free public parking is available along Main and Church streets, or at Lewisville City Hall.
For details about upcoming events, or rental information for the facility, please visit MCLGrand.com or call 972.219.8446.
* This event has been rescheduled to Thursday, Oct. 15, 2020, at 7 p.m. All previously purchased tickets will be valid for the new date. Ticket holders who cannot attend the rescheduled event may request a refund by emailing email@example.com (preferred) or by leaving a voicemail at 972.219.8446 with your name, phone number, and the event name. While we intend to process refunds as quickly as possible, please note that there may be a delay in fulfilling these requests until normal operations resume. This event was originally scheduled for April 8, 2020.