Celebrate Tourism Week
- Date: May 10, 2018 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Location: Visitor Information Center
247 W. Main Street
Lewisville, Texas 75057
Tourism is big business for Lewisville and the North Texas region. Acting as the city's sales and marketing arm, the Lewisville Convention & Visitors Bureau provides outreach to potential visitors urging them to come to Lewisville. The CVB does this with marketing campaigns and trade shows, promoting the best Lewisville has to offer to conventions, sports tournaments, family vacations or weekend getaways.
The Lewisville CVB educates visitors on where to stay, shop and eat, what's happening at our attractions, upcoming events in the arts and music scene, and family festivals for all to enjoy.
Celebrate Tourism Week with us Thursday, May 10
10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
This is a come-and-go event, and refreshments will be served. Visitors can tour the building and enjoy a variety of tourist brochures, public art, and historical artifacts. Visitors can also take part in our Tourism Facts Scavenger Hunt.
Thanks to event sponsors Jason's Deli, Irene's Bakery, The Perc Coffeehouse and Prohibition Chicken.
For continued success, we must all work together, letting others know how important visitors are to Lewisville. Be an advocate and tell your friends and family to come visit, then show them what makes Lewisville an exciting destination. Join us in making a difference with increased tourism!
Statistics for Lewisville include:
- More than 661,000 hotel room-nights booked
- More than $2 million in Hotel Tax collected
- Estimated total economic impact
- from tourism well in excess of $60 million
- Occupancy rate of 72 percent (higher during the week than on weekends)
- Average Daily Rate of $96.55 for hotels
- About 2,400 jobs are related to the tourism industry
- Majority of visitors drive in on Interstate 35E
Meet us in person at the new Lewisville Visitor Information Center in Old Town (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.), 247 W. Main Street, 972.219.3401, Grab some brochures and maps, view our public art and historical artifacts collection, and find out about the latest happenings!
Follow Visit Lewisville Texas